Friday, March 15, 2013

70 Degrees in Denver

The thermometer hit 70 degrees at lunchtime today, so I did what everyone near Louisville, Colorado should do... I went to Lucky Pie.

Those who know me know that I talk about this place all the time.  Lucky Pie brings everything I hope for from a restaurant to the table.  I often visit there for lunch and order their Lamb Meatball sandwich with a side house salad.  On Fridays, I typically take advantage of one of their beer samplers (3 samples @4oz. each).  The samplers are available all the time, but Friday is the only day I don't feel guilty about having a beer over lunch. Today's sampler (Colorado sampler) included Tivoli Helles Lager (Prost Brewing), Prost Dunkel lager, and Grimm brother's snow drop (Grimm's Köttbusser).

I was particularly fond of the Tivoli Helles Lager.  It was a smooth beer that went down easy, yet had an interesting enough flavor to keep me interested. I will need to give it a go a few more times to be sure, but this might be my new warm weather "go-to" beer.  The other two beers were also quite tasty.  The Dunkel was more than serviceable, and I found the Köttbusser to be a unique experience.  Neither of these really fall into the category of "my-type" (see here) of beer, but that doesn't mean they aren't worth trying.


No comments:

Post a Comment